Sunday Streets is back for 2011! The kick off event is coming up THIS weekend and runs along the Embarcadero. As of now, the outlook looks to be a little rainy, but really, if all you got it a little sprinkle, I know you’ll still have a good time!
And the events usually run till just about 2pm, so you still have plenty of time to visit all of those Open Houses in SF too! 😉
Visit Sunday Streets for more info!
Sunday Streets 2011 Season Schedule (subject to change):
- March 20: kick off event along the Embarcadero from Fisherman’s Wharf to Mission Bay;
- April 10: Great Highway and Golden Gate Park; ‘Penguins to Penguins’:
- May 8: Mission route, including the popular route along 24th and Valencia Streets;
- June 12: Bayview route, 3rd Street from Mission Bay, Dogpatch to the Bayview Opera House;
- July 10: Great Highway route #2;
- August 14: Civic Center/Tenderloin route;
- September 11: Western Addition route, including North of Panhandle, Alamo Square and Fillmore and Japantown neighborhoods;
- October TBD; Mission route #2
This year’s event calendar features monthly events from March 20 through October of 2011, with events occurring on the 2nd Sunday of each month starting in April.
Sunday Streets 2011 Season continues the tradition of visiting diverse communities throughout the City with a variety of routes in different neighborhoods. While returning to popular areas along established routes, 2011 events will extend into new neighborhoods and include more diverse program elements that highlight each neighborhood’s unique character and often overlooked community attractions and institutions.
Returning activities include the ever-popular bike programming: free bike rentals offered by Bike & Roll, Bay City Bike Rentals and Tours and Blazing Saddles, bike safety courses presented by the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition and Presidio YMCA’s Y Bike Program, as well as bike maintenance programs and adult bike education. The CA Outdoor Rollersports Assoc and David Miles, aka ‘The Godfather of Skate’ will bring out a mobile roller disco with free skate rentals, and the YMCA of San Francisco will coordinate activities for children and families through local YMCA branches near each route.