As I do every month (albeit sometimes rather late), I ran the latest San Francisco real estate sales figures from the month of September for you. Here’s the data for September, raw and unfiltered, just how you like it.
This month, Single family volume is down from August, but median price is UP. Condo sales however have shot significantly up in volume, but median price slipped.
Interesting to note that multiple offers are BACK and list price to ask price ratio is up. This is MORE a sign of marketing, but it means that there are enough buyers out there to drive prices UP. As far as the market goes, that’s great!!! As far as being a buyer goes, not so much. If prices continue this upward trend, then the bottom has passed us (my guess is in July) and you better buy something quick if you want to take advantage of relatively low prices and historically low interest rates.
So here’s this month’s summary of home sales pulled directly from the MLS. Remember, these are all closed sales and not pending sales.
Check back monthly to get the latest facts and figures – and if you have any questions about these statistics, or the market in general, feel free to give me a holler! I’m always happy to talk “real estate!”
Here’s a quick snapshot of the market from August 1, 2009 through August 31, 2009:
Single Family Homes
- 179 Homes Sold
- Median Sale Price was $750,000
- Minimum Sale Price was $115,000
- Maximum Sale Price was $7,995,000
- Median Selling Price was 103% of asking price
- Median Days on Market was 40
- Median Selling Price for homes that sold within 30 days was 104% of asking price
Condominiums, Lofts & Co-ops
- 195 Homes Sold
- Median Sale Price was $680,000
- Minimum Sale Price was $260,000
- Maximum Sale Price was $7,250,000
- Median Selling Price was 98% of asking price
- Median Days on Market was 60
- Median Selling Price for homes that sold within 30 days was 99% of asking price
- 27 Homes Sold
- Median Sale Price was $560,000
- Minimum Sale Price was $375,000
- Maximum Sale Price was $830,000
- Median Selling Price was 99% of asking price
- Median Days on Market was 89
- Median Selling Price for homes that sold within 30 days was 100% of asking price