As I do every month (albeit sometimes rather late), I ran the latest San Francisco real estate sales figures from the month of October for you. Here’s the data for October, raw and unfiltered, just how you like it.
This month, Single family volume is up from September and median price is UP too. List to Sales price ratio is also up. AND days on market is down (a good thing – since things are selling FASTER!)
Condo sales however have stayed pretty steady from last month on all fronts. And TIC’s have such a small sample that median price usually has more to do with the inventory than an indication of where values are headed. However, the days on market in the TIC niche dropped significantly – which means they are closing faster.
Overall – it just looks like the market is moving faster and as I said last month, multiple offers are BACK and list price to ask price ratio is up – all signs of a market coming back to life.
So here’s this month’s summary of home sales pulled directly from the MLS. Remember, these are all closed sales and not pending sales.
Check back monthly to get the latest facts and figures – and if you have any questions about these statistics, or the market in general, feel free to give me a holler! I’m always happy to talk “real estate!”
Here’s a quick snapshot of the market from October 1, 2009 through October 31, 2009:
Single Family Homes
- 217 Homes Sold
- Median Sale Price was $760,000
- Minimum Sale Price was $200,000
- Maximum Sale Price was $9,000,000
- Median Selling Price was 104% of asking price
- Median Days on Market was 36
- Median Selling Price for homes that sold within 30 days was 104.5% of asking price
Condominiums, Lofts & Co-ops
- 171 Homes Sold
- Median Sale Price was $690,000
- Minimum Sale Price was $157,000
- Maximum Sale Price was $2,242,000
- Median Selling Price was 99% of asking price
- Median Days on Market was 58
- Median Selling Price for homes that sold within 30 days was 99% of asking price
- 44 Homes Sold
- Median Sale Price was $484,500
- Minimum Sale Price was $231,000
- Maximum Sale Price was $1,650,000
- Median Selling Price was 100% of asking price
- Median Days on Market was 51
- Median Selling Price for homes that sold within 30 days was 101% of asking price